Copyright © 2016 Food Fiesta. All rights reserved.
Spanish Lentil Stew
Ingredients – serves 4
• 300g brown lentils
• 1 onion
• 2-3 potatoes
• 2 carrots
• 1 green pepper and 1 red pepper
• 1 leek
• 2 tomatoes
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1 medium-sized chorizo sausage
• 1/2 glass white wine
• sherry vinegar, water
• olive oil, salt, bay leaf
Soak lentils overnight if required (see indications on packet -some varieties do not require soaking!).
Clean/peel and dice vegetables. Peel and chop 4 cloves garlic and sauté in olive oil in pressure cooker or large saucepan.
Add diced carrots, potato, leek, peppers and tomato. Sprinkle in salt and pepper and toss.
Chop chorizo into bite-sized chunks and add to pot. Then add the lentils and sauté everything together.
Pour in half glass of wine and splash of sherry vinegar. Sauté again.
Add just enough water to cover the ingredients and throw in a bay leaf. Add a little more salt if desired and cover.
• Pressure cooker: Cook for 10-12 minutes from when the pressure valve rises and the hissing begins (approx. 20-25 minutes in total). Turn off pressure cooker and release valve. Open, stir once and allow to sit for at least five minutes. Then serve.
• Saucepan: Cook on medium heat for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve.
Comfort food at its best... enjoy!!