Ingredients – serves 4 (prep time 45 mins.)
• 320g Bomba rice
• 500g baby squid, chopped
• 100ml extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 ripe tomatoes, grated
• 1 Tbsp smoked paprika (sweet)
• powdered yellow food colouring (if desired)
For the homemade stock:
• 750g fish and seafood pieces
• 80ml extra virgin olive oil
• 1 onion, coarsely chopped
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 tbsp smoked paprika (sweet)
• 2 ripe tomatoes
• fresh parsley
The homemade stock:
Place the extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan and heat. Add the garlic, onion and a little salt and fry till translucent. Add the seafood and the fish and sauté. Add the paprika and tomato and lightly fry in the juices. Then add the water and cook for 20 minutes. Strain liquid.
Place the extra virgin olive oil and a little salt into a saucepan and heat. Add the baby squid and fry over a low heat. Add the finely chopped garlic and stir. Add the paprika and tomato and sauté. Add the stock (4 parts of stock to 1 part rice: approximately one and a quarter litres). Season with saffron and salt and add yellow food colouring if desired. Add the rice and cook over a medium heat for approximately 18 minutes.
Copyright © 2016 Food Fiesta. All rights reserved.